Online Therapy: Psychotherapy, Counselling, NLP, Life Coaching & Supervision
This practice can offer you various forms of online therapy from the comfort of your own home:
- Online Counselling
- Online Psychotherapy
- Online Life Coaching
- Online NLP
Advantages of Online Psychotherapy, Counselling and Life Coaching
- Distance is not a problem, with headphones, microphone, Skype software, a fast internet connection and a webcam, it can be remarkably easy to see and speak to anyone anywhere in the world in real time.
- Greater choice. You are no longer limited to just the coaches, therapists or therapies available in your area. You can now reach out and connect with the best no-matter where you are in the world.
- Availability. In certain areas of the world there may simply not be any therapists available. If you cannot find a therapist in your local area, then online therapy can offer a convenient solution to this problem.
- You can receive coaching and therapy from the comfort, safety and privacy of your own home.
- Online therapy and coaching is suitable for people who would feel uncomfortable with or are unable to visit a therapist or coach in person. For example people who are suffering with agoraphobia, social anxiety, or have a physical condition that restricts their ability to travel, can find it very beneficial.
- No time wasted travelling
What is available via Online Therapy?
This practice can offer you NLP, Psychotherapy, Coaching and Hypnotherapy from the comfort of your own home.
Almost everything that you see listed elsewhere on this website for face-to-face therapy can also be offered via online therapy.
I specialise in dealing with anxiety and panic attacks, stress management, relationship issues, public speaking and performance anxiety, overcoming depression, improving confidence and self esteem, changing habits, weight control, removing fears and phobias and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
If you don’t see what you are looking for, then do get in touch to discuss your requirements. My years of experience and extensive training has given me the knowledge and flexibility to help you deal with most psychological issues.
I am a UKCP Registered Psychotherapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist, NLP Master Practitioner and Life Coach.
Many specific issues can be very quickly dealt with in around 6 to 8 sessions, for more deep rooted, chronic or complex issues, more sessions will be required. However as we are all unique individuals, you decide when you have reached resolution.
I offer an Initial Consultation/Assessment Session which gives us the chance to begin to explore your issues further. I will give you honest answers to any questions you might have and give you a realistic estimate of the number of sessions you may require.
When you are committed to making the inner changes you need, to achieve the life you want, simply phone me on 0161 881 4333 or Click here to email to make an appointment now.
Please consider joining the email mailing list to be kept up to date with upcoming events.
Delivery of Online Therapy
The growth of high speed internet and the widespread availability of new forms of high quality communication software and hardware has mean’t that it is becoming much easier and simpler to receive quality therapy over the internet via webcam, making geographical location much less of a issue.The online experience itself can be almost exactly the same as if you attend a session with me in-person.
By using a webcam and the Skype software we canboth hear and see each other in real-time as we work together, letting us interact more naturally, and allowing me to pick up subtle shifts in your body language as we communicate. The additional visual information allows us to work much more effectively together. Download Skype here
Please be aware that certain problems may not be suitable for treatment online, but this will be determined either before we start or during the initial consultation. To discuss your requirements and ways in which I can help you, just Click here to email .
I’d like to get started, how do I proceed?
Online therapy will essentially follow exactly the same process as face-to-face therapy apart from the additional initial steps of ensuring that you have your webcam and skype software set up and working.
- Install the free Skype software if you haven’t got it already. Download Skype here
- Email me with a brief description of the problem you want to work on. If it is something I can help you with, we can then book the initial session. Click here to email
- Book an Initial Session. Sessions are always booked in advance, so we need to arrange a mutually suitable date and time for the first online therapy session to take place. You may book by email, online or phone.
- Complete the consultation form. I will send you a consultation form which you will need to complete and email back to me before your first session. For this I will need your Real name and address, and contact phone number. All sessions are completely confidential. I am a professional psychotherapist and take confidentiality and ethics extremely seriously.
- Send me your Skype ID. Once you’ve booked the first session and set up the Skype software, email me your Skype ID so I can contact you.Click here to email
- Payment. Sessions must always be paid for in advance. You may pay before each session bycredit card or PayPal or telephone me with your card details.
- Ensure your webcam, headphones and microphone are installed and working correctly before the start of the session.Remember you are paying for my time as a therapist or coach, not for technical support.
- To ensure that you get the best quality video:
a) Stop any applications on your computer that might upload or download large quantities of data. For example video streaming, file sharing or online backup.
b) Exit all other non-essential applications.
c) If you share your internet connection check that no-one else is downloading or uploading large amounts of data or watching online video.
- Be at your computer at the agreed start time and date with the Skype software running.
- Very importantly, ensure you will not be disturbed for the entire duration of the session. Turn off phones, tell people not to disturb you, get someone else to look after the kids, put a sign on the door etc. This is your time, and it is very important that you can be completely focused, and be able to talk openly and honestly with me. Any distractions or interruption could negatively affect your session.
- I will contact you via the Skype software at the agreed start time.
- The last few minutes of the session will be used to arrange the time and date, and payment for the next session.
For all subsequent sessions, repeat steps 6-12.
Hardware and Software Requirements
The most convenient way to do online therapy or coaching is with a computer with a good webcam, headphones, microphone, broadband connection and Skype software. If you don’t have a webcam then audio will often be sufficient for many tasks.
- Any webcam will usually be of sufficient quality but to get the best video quality you may want to use an HD (Hi-Definition) webcam.
- Most new laptops will already have a built in webcam.
- Microphone/Speakers or a Headset
- Many webcams have a built-in microphone but you will sometimes get better sound quality by using a separate noise cancelling microphone or headset.
- (free) Skype Download Skype here The Skype software is very simple to setup, provides superior quality, it works on most kinds of computers and even some mobile phones and tablets (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android Phone, iPhone, iPad, Symbian) and its free.
- Fast internet connection (broadband, cable etc.)
Nigel Magowan BSc(Hons) UKCP Reg. AccMCCP DABCH MCAHyp GHR SQHP MHA AMPM
UKCP Registered Integrative Psychotherapist, Life Coach, Licensed NLP Master Practitioner, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Ecotherapist, and GHR Accredited Supervisor
Nigel Magowan can offer you various types of online therapy, including online Psychotherapy / online Counselling, and online Life Coaching.