OCD Test – Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale (Y-BOCS)
This self-rating scale is designed to assess the severity and type of symptoms in patients with OCD.
- Read each question below carefully. The first 5 questions relate to obsessive thoughts, the last 5 questions relate to compulsive behaviours.
- Select an answer based on the average occurrence of each item over the last week.
- When you have completed all the questions click the Calculate Score button below.
- Print the results.
- If you scored highly on this test (above 21), or you are concerned about your health, then do speak to your doctor or other health professional for a more thorough evaluation.
NOTE: The results of this test are intended as a guide only. They are not intended to be a clinical diagnosis. No diagnosis is being offered. For a formal clinical diagnosis of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) speak with your doctor or other qualified health professional.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Test
Goodman WK et al. (1989) The Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale. I. Development, use, and reliability, Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1989 Nov;46(11):1006-11.
Assessment Tests on This Website
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder Test (GAD-7)
- Liebowitz Social Anxiety Scale (LSAS – SR)
- Rosenberg Self-Esteem Scale (RSES)
- Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale (Y-BOCS) – OCD Test
- Zung Self-Rating Depression Scale (SDS) – Depression Test
- Patient Health Questionnaire Quick Depression Assessment(PHQ-9) – Depression Test
OCD Test – Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale (Y-BOCS).